We are hiring passionate professionals to join Team JORDAN. Are you ready to join an enthusiastic, intelligent and diversified team of engineers, construction managers and consultants in the heart of downtown Orlando? If you’re interested in becoming part of the JORDAN Team, simply submit your resume and a cover letter stating your interest.
Senior Project Engineer
Click Here for Application Form
JORDAN is a drug free work place and An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Successful candidate must consent to a drug test and pass a background check upon accepting this position and prior to their start date. This posting is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function.
Senior Project Engineer
Jordan is a fully integrated general contracting, construction management, and civil engineering company specializing in the design and construction of Resorts, Hospitality, and Master Planned Projects. Jordan has been in rapid growth mode for the last 4 years with revenues increasing over 500% during that time. Jordan was recognized by the Orlando Business Journal, Tampa Business Journal, and Jacksonville Business Journal as the 27th fastest growing company in the state of Florida in 2017. A company is only as good as the people that work there and we need high quality people to help keep us growing.
Company Vision Statement “To become the Contracting, Consulting, and Engineering firm of choice for employees and clients to plan, design, and build the signature projects of Central Florida.”
Company Core Values – Each of our Core Values are interconnected and interdependent creating an organizational environment that enables our team to be their best and deliver the very best to our customers and to one another.
- Continuous Improvement
Jordan is looking for a motivated Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager – with strong land development and general civil engineering experience to come join our dynamic team! The ideal candidate will come with a background of supporting or leading the civil/site engineering aspects for a variety of projects, with a foundation of strong engineering/design skills. He/she will have been exposed to the entire project delivery process, including marketing/business development, client interaction, project management, and hands on design/engineering supervision. This position requires strong leadership and communication skills. Has excellent technical knowledge within civil engineering field, monitors and tracks project progress. Develops schedules, budgets and proposals (contracts). Responsible for marketing to prospective clients and building, maintaining and managing client relationships. Possesses effective management skills and is able to plan, direct and monitor all aspects of civil engineering projects. Possesses strong drive, motivation and self-initiative. Communicates and coordinates project requirements with the project team and consultants. Reports to Engineering Department Manager.
This role will include serving as the primary contact for our clients and has overall responsibility for the success of all assigned projects while working on large scale & highly visible development projects (residential, commercial, industrial, mixed use) as well as public sector facilities (parks, schools, etc.,) throughout the Central Florida area.
- Coordinate with client, team members, sub-consultants, and prepared detailed scope/fee proposals
- Perform planning phase activities, including initial project research and investigations, assessment of project feasibility, and provide input to project team on civil engineering related issues
- Perform and direct all aspects of civil engineering design including layout/geometry, grading, drainage, paving, water, sewer, and erosion control. Projects may include land development (all types/sectors), roadway/intersection design, hydrology/hydraulic storm water modeling, hydraulic modeling of pipe networks, preparation of construction plans and related design reports
- Prepare complete submission packages, supporting calculations, cost estimates, project schedules, and other duties; effectively facilitate the agency review/approval process
- Supervise construction phase support services, including development of bidding and contract documents, field inspections, progress meetings, final certifications, etc.
- Monitor and control project progress, staffing, budgets, and methods of analysis and objectives and keep client informed of progress, budget, work progress and challenges
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A track record of successful projects, and established network of key relationships in the Central Florida land development and A/E/C community
- A strong working knowledge of civil engineering design including storm water, utilities, paving, geometric roadway design, grading and earthwork
- A strong working knowledge of the regulatory/permitting process, and track record of successful project approvals and agency relationships
- Demonstrated project management and business development experience to nurture existing clients and develop new multi-disciplined opportunities to expand the practice including developing, recommending, and introducing innovation to our clients’ projects
- Complete understanding of all phases of contract administration and execution, including scope definition, contract terms/conditions, negotiation, financial project management and complete contract performance (schedule and financial)
- A strong background in both private and public sector projects including commercial, residential, and mixed use developments as well as local governmental projects, with the ability to coordinate the entire project effort, client interaction and project management
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate, and build trust, rapport, and effective working relationships, both internally within a multidisciplinary team and externally, including making presentations to regulatory boards, shortlist selection committees, etc.
- An affinity for community involvement and visible local engagement is preferred to help promote the company’s services and presence in the region.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 8 (eight) years’ experience in relevant civil/site or land development engineering. 10 or more years preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
A Florida Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is required
AutoCAD experience required
Supervisory experience required
Job Location: Central Florida
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent position
JORDAN offers competitive salary and benefits, Compensation per experience.
The Road to Success is Always Under Construction!Email Us at email@example.com